Last updated on January 9th, 2019
31. The first public tree planting program in America was conducted in New Haven, CT. The city was given the nickname “The Elm City” because the trees planted in the program were elms.
32. Bridgeport is Connecticut’s largest city followed by New Haven and Hartford.
33. ESPN, the world’s first sports cable channel was launched in Bristol, Connecticut in 1979. With this fact also learn that Stamford, Connecticut is where the headquarters of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is located.[24,25]
34. Lyme disease (spread by ticks in Northern Hemisphere) was first identified in 1975 in Old Lyme, Connecticut.
35. John Haynes was Connecticut’s first governor.
36. Connecticut is one of the most densely populated states of the U.S.
37. The first fully operational steel mill in America opened in Simsbury, Connecticut, in 1728.
38. Mark Twain, an American writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer, wrote his famous adventure of Huckleberry Finn while in Hartford, Connecticut