Last updated on February 8th, 2017
Aristotle (384-322 BC) was a famous Greek philosopher born in Macedonian city of Satigara in Greece. According to Encyclopedia Britannica, Aristotle was the first genuine scientist in history. His writings include – physics, biology, zoology,metaphysics, logic, ethics, aesthetics, poetry, theater, music,rhetoric, linguistics, politics and government – and constitute the first comprehensive system of Western philosophy.
Below are top 10 Quotes by Aristotle
- “The whole is more than the sum of its parts”.
2. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit”.
3. “There is no great genius without some touch of madness”.
4. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work”.
5. “The end of labor is to gain leisure”.
6. “The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain”.
7. “The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching”.
8. “He who is to be a good ruler must have first been ruled”.
9. “Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others”.
10. “It is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make their appearance in the world”.