Last updated on October 8th, 2019
Abraham Lincoln, known for his determination and perseverance, is the most famous U.S. presidents in history. He became the 16th president of the U.S. on 4th March 1861. With these 47 interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln, let’s learn about his life, career, politics, mission, philosophy, and death.
Facts about Lincoln’s childhood, education, family, marriage, religious belief etc
1. Education: Lincoln was a self-educated man. He had little formal education; however, he practiced law. On the other hand, Lincoln’s dad was only literate enough to write his name.
2. He was the second child of his parents. They were farmers and their family lived in Kentucky until 1816.
3. Death of his mother: Lincoln’s mother died from drinking poisoned milk. His father soon married another woman by the name Sarah Bush Johnston, who was a widow. She had a good relation with Abraham and he liked her company as well.
4. Lincoln did not have a middle name.
5. Lincoln also worked as a licensed bartender.
6. Lincoln was an avid hunter.
7. Religion: Lincoln was never a member of an organized church. He read the bible to learn about Christianity.