Last updated on July 31st, 2020
36. The famous ‘999’: Ford also built many racing cars during his career, one of which is the “999”.
37. The Ford Model T was named the most influential car of the 20th century, and with 16.5 million sold, it still makes the top-ten list of most-sold cars of all time (ranked eighth) as of 2012. These cars were produced between 1908 and 1927.
38. Aloha Wanderwell at the age of just 16 years, became the first woman to circumnavigate the globe in a Ford Model T.
39. Ford also owned a controversial newspaper, The Dearborn Independent.
40. Ford also had a museum known as The Henry Ford. Items representing American experience and American ingenuity are preserved in the museum.
41. Ford also shared his company’s profits with those employees who stayed with the company for more than six months and conducted their lives in a respectable manner. However, this move was later seen as his interference in the lives of so-called employees. Ultimately, this practice of profit sharing was abandoned.
42. He died of cerebral hemorrhage on April 7, 1947, long after contributing to the development of the American economy and starting one of the most successful companies of his time or any other. He will surely be remembered for centuries to come.
10 Inspiring thoughts by Henry Ford
1. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.”
2. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy.”
3. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
4. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
5. “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.”
6. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.”
7. “The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.”
8. “The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.”
9. “It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.”
10. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.”
You may like: Interesting facts about Albert Einstein