Last updated on February 28th, 2019
Michael Fred Phelps II (born June 30, 1985) is an American retired competitive swimmer and the most successful and most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 28 medals.
1. You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.
3. It doesn’t matter what else is going on. When you walk into your arena or your – whatever you excel at, you’re there to take care of the job that you have to do.
5. “If you say “can’t” you’re restricting what you can do or ever will do.”
6. I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That’s where I belong.
7. People say to me, ‘You’re so lucky. You get to see the world.’ But I don’t. I go to the hotel and to the pools and back again. That’s it.
8. I learned how fast you can go from being an international hero to being a reference in a joke on a late night talk show.