Last updated on July 10th, 2021
34. Edison, a township in Middlesex County, New Jersey, is the fifth-most populous municipality in the state. It was named for the legendary inventor Thomas Edison.
35. New Jersey is slightly larger than the country of El Salvador and Djibouti.
36. Large swaths of northwestern and southern New Jersey are extremely rural; in spite of the fact that the state has the highest population density of any state in the U.S.
37. The state has 21 counties and 566 municipalities.
38. New Jersey is located about halfway between the Equator and the North Pole, on the eastern coast of the United States.
39. Despite the fact that that New Jersey is one of the smallest states in the Union, it has five distinct climate regions – Northern, Central, Pine Barrens, Southwest, and Coastal.