Last updated on November 17th, 2017
#23. Moreover, if your immune system is not as efficient as it should be, you have higher chances of getting affected with cancers than otherwise.
#24. WHO says that the lack of a proper diet is a cause of almost 70% percent of cancers.
#25. Young girls can get affected by breast cancer later in their life if they chose to smoke while they were young.
#26. If you want to avoid the chances of cancer catching up with you – take exercise, breathe clean air deeply, eat green foods, don’t smoke, and eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
#27. Mitochondria–the power house of cells–gets damaged in cancer cells.
#28. Yeast and glucose can augment cancer as cancer cells love these two things. If you have low blood sugar level, you will tend to survive longer when affected with cancer. You can starve cancer cells by not feeding them with what they love the most i.e. yeast and glucose.
#29. Liver in cancer affected patients gets overworked. Cancer cells produce lactic acid and it can only be burnt down by the liver.
#30. Sodium in excess can be damaging to the mitochondria in your cells. And in turn you may get affected by some form of cancer.
#31. A single cigarette contains around 4800 chemicals. And 70 of these are cancer causing chemicals or carcinogens.
#32. There is a significant connection between height and cancer risk. Taller women tend to have high chances of getting affected with cancers.
33. Dogs can also sniff cancers. In Italy trained dogs have sniffed out the scent of prostate cancer in urine samples with a success rate of 98 percent.
#34. Treatment of cancer is expensive in the U.S. than it is in India. This is mainly due to the cost of medicines in the U.S., which is very high.
#35. Air pollution can cause lung cancer and may also increase the risk of bladder cancer.
#36. At least 35% people affected with cancer die in the U.S. every year.
#37. Dogs also die of cancer. And they are more susceptible to this deadly disease when they attain the age of 10.
#38. Low and middle income countries are the most affected with cancer. At least 70% of deaths affected with cancer happen in these countries.
#39. Tobacco causes 22% of all cancer related deaths.
#40. Early detection and adequate treatment can be sufficient to cure breast, cervical and colorectal cancers.
#41. In U.A.E. breast and colon cancers are the most common form of cancers affecting females and males respectively.
#42. Breast cancer is still a taboo in the U.A.E. Majority of the women in the U.A.E and other developing countries do not get checked, mostly due to lack of awareness and shyness of being checked by a male doctor.
#43. Cancer is also an indication of multiple nutritional deficiencies.
#44. Radiation for treating cancer also kills healthy cells alongside the affected cancerous cells. And cancer treatment can affect vital organs such as the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys etc.
#45. Foods that can elevate cancer include: milk, meat, sugar based things, acidic things, coffee, tea, protein etc.
#46. Cancer affects the mind, body and soul of a person and hence while treating it, a patient needs to adopt an overall approach. You need to be relaxed, positive and enjoy life even when the diagnosis is confirmed.
#47. Oxygen kills cancerous cells. It is advisable to inhale more oxygen by means of exercising and deep breathing.
Cancer today is just like any other disease. It can be cured and there is sufficient medical science in place to combat the ill effects of the disease. However, the sufferer needs to be patient and mindful of what is best for them when the treatment is going on.
Quotes about Cancer
- The battle against cancer has made me strong. It’s like winning a war! When I was diagnosed, I was told by doctors my kidney, liver and other organs could fail. It was tough. I didn’t know if I could save my life. But I was positive, and because of that, the doctor told me that I would be a man who would never have cancer. – Yuvraj Singh (Famous Indian Cricketer)
- Breast cancer alone kills some 458,000 people each year, according to the World Health Organization, mainly in low- and middle-income countries. It has got to be a priority to ensure that more women can access gene testing and lifesaving preventive treatment, whatever their means and background, wherever they live. – Anjelina Jolie
- Lance Armstrong, the famous cyclist and more importantly, cancer survivor, has said ‘if you ever get a second chance for something, you’ve got to go all the way.’ – Michael N. Castle
- With over 3 million women battling breast cancer today, everywhere you turn there is a mother, daughter, sister, or friend who has been affected by breast cancer. – Betsey Johnson
- Every woman needs to know the facts. And the fact is, when it comes to breast cancer, every woman is at risk. – Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Cancer In NEWS
A new cancer treatment strategy is on the horizon that experts say could be a game-changer and spare patients the extreme side effects of existing options such as chemotherapy.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), a subsidiary of the World Health Organization, ruled that processed meat causes colorectal cancer and red meat (e.g., beef, pork, lamb, goat) probably does.
In the largest study of its kind ever conducted, researchers have determined that almost half of all bowel cancer survivors suffer memory loss and have trouble multitasking and concentrating because of the disease.