Last updated on March 13th, 2020
31. Only two states completely outlaw all forms of gambling, Hawaii, and Utah.
32. If you are an avid reader, note that the famous book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” was written by Utah businessman Stephan R. Covey. The book’s principal message is that there is an abundance of success for everyone.
33. Apple Beer, the famous American variant of the German drink fassbrause, is produced by The Apple Beer Corporation based in Salt Lake, Utah.
34. Utah is the only state with an official State Cooking Pot: Dutch oven.
35. Skullcandy, the popular maker of headphones, earphones and other hands free devices is based in Park City, Utah.
36. In 1912, the first electric traffic light was developed by a policeman Lester F. Wire in Salt Lake City. It was first installed at the intersection of 200 South and Main Street in Salt Lake City. However, in 1914, the first traffic signal system was installed in Cleveland, Ohio.
Utah – Quick facts and state symbols
|State Capital||Salt Lake City|
|Largest City||Salt Lake City|
|State Size||Total (Land + Water): 84,899 sq miles; Land Only: 82,144 sq miles|
(Estimate July 1, 2017 from United States Census Bureau)
|Statehood||January 4, 1896|
|State rank by population||31st|
|State rank by date of formation||45th|
|State rank by area||13th|
|Number of Counties||29|
|Demonym||Utahn or Utahan|
|Bordering States||Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming|
|Highest Point||Kings Peak
13,534 ft (4,120.3 m)
|Lowest point||Beaver Dam Wash at Arizona border
2,180 ft (664.4 m)
|Length||350 miles (560 km)|
|Width||270 miles (435 km)|
|Governor||Gary Herbert (R)|
|State Nickname||Beehive State|
|Noble prize Winners||Paul D. Boyer (Chemistry, 1997)|
|Famous people||Steve Young (Pro Football player)
John "Cat" Thompson (Basketball player)
|State animal||Rocky Mountain elk|
|State Bird||California gull|
|State Cooking Pot||Dutch Oven|
|State fish||Bonneville Cutthroat Trout|
|State Flower||Sego Lily|
|State Insect||Honey Bee|
|State Vegetable||Sugar Beet|
|Longitude||109° 3′ W to 114° 3′ W|
|Latitude||37° N to 42° N|
|Time Zone||Mountain Time Zone|
|Area Codes||385, 435, 801
|Table last updated||June 8, 2020|