Last updated on December 31st, 2020
31. The first father’s day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, by its creator – Spokane citizen – Sonora Smart Dodd. Her father was a civil war veteran who was a single parent and raised six children.
33. Washington is one of the thirty six states to legalize same-sex marriage.
34. The name of the nation’s capital “Washington D.C.” may confuse some with “Washington state.” To avoid this, the name of the state was to be changed and instead the territory was to be named Tacoma. However, the proposal failed to garner support, and the name remains unchanged.
35. There is no tax on personal income in the state.
36. Washington has 3,101 glaciers (covering 450.5 square kilometers), making it the most glaciated state in the contiguous continental states of the United States of America. Its largest glacier is 10.59 square kilometers in size.